Pages

Saturday 17 March 2007

I Made My First Swap



I can get hooked on this swapping lark! Look here for all sorts of exciting swaps...

I parcelled up some fabric to send to my swap partners in the US. I've had one parcel sent to me from Heidi in Texas - 3 very pretty vintage prints in red blue and white, I really like these and a quilted clutch bag is calling to me. That is, I'd like to create a clutch bag from this swap and will have to improvise a pattern.

Some WIP now. The Sew Retro theme this month is 'something for Spring' I want to use my tattoo fabric for a wrap shirt but I'm not too pleased with the wrap pattern I've used earlier for my Hawiian refashion (too much fabric due to pleated front).

I have a wonderful shop bought wrap shirt that fits 'just right' so my task this weekend was to make a pattern. I've used the leftover fabric from the spotty frock to create a mock up - that I could feasibly wear. It's looking good so far. Very Doris Day.

2 comments:

Flibbertygibbet said...

That's the mock-up??? It's amazing! Love the stuff you got in the swap too...

Anonymous said...

Jeanie B! Thanks a million for my swap package! It is amazing...the fabric of course, but that paper as well. I love it almost as much as the fabric (which I think will be wonderful in our new/old house). We are moving back to the beach and I can not wait to use it there! And if you wouldnt mind? Where did you get that amazing wrapping paper? Onine I hope? If not, would you want to swap some vintage aprons for some more of it? Thanks again, from one beach gal to another.

Eren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...