Pages

Monday 31 March 2008

I Made A Patchwork Holdall



Now I do have a 'thing' for bags. I have never found the perfect bag - this is due in part to the well known fact that there is indeed a bag out there for every occasion. I have yet to find a 'one bag fits all' bag.
My one problem with hand crafted bags is making them strong enough. This bag has an interfaced gusset which adds stability and makes the bag nice and roomy.
I downloaded the pattern from the Burda fashion site having secretly fallen in love with many Amy Butler bags - this pattern was a freebie, Amy Butler costs.
The fabric is from the stash. Naturally.
Handles from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the bag! And thanks for telling us about those free patterns online. I had no idea! (Meanwhile, I am trying to locate some swing dancing here in Singapore....I'll let you know what comes of it!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...